Shaw Media looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our active marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in social media, content marketing, and/or event promotion then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing promotional presentations, monitoring social platforms, and conducting market analysis.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms. This internship is unpaid and must be for college credit to meet graduation requirements.
• Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
• Assist with daily administrative duties.
• Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
• Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
• Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
• Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
• Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
• Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
• While this position will be remote, attendance at in-person meetings and community events may be required
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications or similar field.
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
• Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a passion for marketing.
• Outstanding multitasking abilities.
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, a video production unit and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Interested candidates may apply online or send their resume to:
Or mail to:
Shaw Media - Human Resources
Attn: Marketing Internship
P.O. Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039-0250
Shaw Media is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-free Employer.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.