Shaw Media, publishers of The Joliet Herald-News, and dozens of other print and online publications is seeking a talented intern to coordinate community promotions for an exciting new project called Joliet Focus. Joliet Focus will become one of our company’s most important initiatives and we are seeking a talented individual to join the team.
This is a paid internship opportunity to run summer 2021.
The Community Coordination Intern will be promoting the Joliet Focus brand within the greater Joliet, Illinois community, hosting community town halls and events, and recruiting local individuals to actively use the app.
- Coordination, set up, and execution community sponsorships and events
- Field sponsorship/donation requests from area businesses and community groups
- Serve as the public relations associate for the Joliet Focus program
- Seek out and leverage local networking opportunities
- Attend marketing team meetings
- Develop and market campaigns in print and online
- Coordinate contests and readership promotions
- Staff external promotional functions as necessary
- Plan, manage, and host Joliet Focus events
- Cultivate active content creators and active members of the Joliet Focus community
- Energetic, hard working, fun, social, detail-oriented
- Computer programming / design a plus, will train
- Basic photography / video skills
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, Bears Insider, a video production unit, and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume:
Shaw Media - Human Resources
Attn: Promotions Internship
P.O. Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Shaw Media is a Drug-Free and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment background check including motor vehicle record and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.