Job Title: Copy Editor / Page Designer Part-time
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Do you have a passion for the written word? Do you enjoy great newspaper and magazine design?
Shaw Media has an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a part-time copy editor and page designer to join our regional print desk in Crystal Lake, IL. The print desk is responsible for editing and designing a group of hyperlocal daily and weekly newspapers that cover towns across northern Illinois.
Ideal candidates will have:
- The ability to accurately edit copy and write headlines for news, sports, business, and features
- The ability to quickly and accurately design eye-catching tabloid pages
- Solid knowledge of AP style and grammar
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to make independent judgments on slotting stories
- A college degree in journalism or related field
- Previous experience in copy editing and page design, preferably using InDesign, is preferred
- Photoshop experience a plus
- Position requires evening hours, with some weekend work as assigned
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, Bears Insider, a video production unit, and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter that explains your journalism credentials and philosophy, along with a resume:
Shaw Media - Human Resources
Attn: Copy Editor/Page Designer
P.O. Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Shaw Media is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.