Crystal Lake, IL
Shaw Media’s suburban group is looking to add a Credit Specialist to our Client Financial Service team. Shaw Media publishes daily and weekly newspapers, monthly magazines and a number of industry-leading websites.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of Credit / Collection principles and practices, be highly organized, possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in our deadline driven environment.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Account set up and maintenance
• Determine credit worthiness of prospective/existing clients
• Conduct on-going / daily outbound collection calls
• Initiate and negotiate short term payment plans
• Accountability for aging percentages / DSO for assigned territory
• Respond to all client requests and billing inquiries
• Problem solve and follow matters to conclusion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Energetic, Detail-oriented
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Excellent phone presence
• Basic Microsoft Word and Excel
• Vision Data experience a plus
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, Pro Football Weekly, a video production unit and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match.
Interested candidates submit a cover letter, along with a resume:
Shaw Media - Human Resources
Attn: Credit Specialist
P.O. Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Shaw Media is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.
Apply Now! Return to Job List