St. Charles, IL
Shaw Media is looking for an experienced editor to lead the staff of its many weekly newspapers in Chicago's suburbs.
This editor will work with the suburban group editor as well as editors at the Suburban Life, Kendall County Record and Kane County Chronicle weeklies to provide readers with timely online news coverage on a daily basis. They also will coordinate and oversee production of weekly print publications that help our readers keep up with people they know in their communities, plan their weekends, and keep tabs on the important issues facing their local schools and governments.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A proven leader who can help reporters solve problems and lead the way on content issues and questions. We need someone comfortable with all aspects of a news operation, from the day-to-day reporting and editing decisions to budgeting and laying out weekly newspapers.
- Willing to live in the Tri-Cities (St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia) and be active in community life.
- Able to represent the Shaw Media brand at community functions and events
- Adept at identifying stories that meet audience expectations from their local newspaper, as well as those that will surprise, interest and delight readers so that they will return to the website or pick up the next edition of the paper.
- Resourceful and adaptable. They must be able to accomplish goals and manage tasks with available resources.
At least five years of professional experience in a newsroom leadership role is preferred.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with company match.
Apply Today. Located at the bottom of this page.
Or mail it to us at:
Shaw Media - Weekly Group Editor
PO Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Shaw Media is a Drug Free Employer.
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer
EO2557Apply Now! Return to Job List