St. Charles, IL
Seeking a versatile editor to complement our specialty products team.
Shaw Media is looking to add to its Niche Products team with an editorial position that will take on responsibilities in the company’s specialty brands. Shaw Media Niche currently produces a variety of lifestyle, entertainment, and tourism brands and publishes this content across a variety of websites, magazines, social media and email. Additionally, multiple chamber community guides, newsletters, maps, and direct mail pieces are produced throughout the year.
Reporting to the Publisher, this person will share responsibility for such tasks as:
• Content planning
• Scheduling freelance contractors
• Editing of assigned and submitted content
• Reporting and writing as needed
• Coordinating payment of freelance and vendor services
• Editorial research for niche products
• Client interaction on paid content
• Assisting at niche events, photoshoots, and the like
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
• Experience as a reporter and/or editor
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Good people skills are essential and basic social media skills a plus! (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
• Organizational ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field preferred
Candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, reliable transportation, and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, Pro Football Weekly, a video production unit and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and paid time off.
Ours is a company with ambitious goals and an eye to the future!
If this sounds like you, please apply. Forward a cover letter, along with your resume and work samples, to:
Online: Apply Now (located below)
Or mail it to us:
Shaw Media - Editor, Niche Products
PO Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Shaw Media is a Drug-Free Employer. Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer